Recall that April 18th meeting of the stakeholders and leaders from Enugu East zone convened by the Enugu State Speaker, Rt. Hon. Edward Ubosi held at the Odezuluigbo palace, Nike ended without articulated position or press release on the outcome of the well attended meeting.
Journalists, political analyst and social commentators argued that such crucial meeting ought to have issued a communique than allowing the media to report on speculations of the outcome of the meeting.
However the following was the belated communique as was released today and signed by Senator Ken Nnamani, GCON, Senator Dr. Chimaroke Nnamani, Rt. Hon. Ofor Chukwuegbo, Hon. Nnolim Nnaji, Hon. Cornelius Nnaji, Hon. Chief Augustine, Dr. Ben Nwoye, state chairman,All Progressive Congress (APC) Nnamani and the the Speaker Enugu State House of Assembly, Rt. Hon. Edward Ubosi.
- That the stakeholders of Enugu East Senatorial District passed a resounding Vote of Confidence on the Government of His Excellency Rt. Hon. Dr. Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi. The meeting noted the Governor’s giant developmental strides, sustained peaceful climate and relentless efforts to maintain the safety of lives and property of all residents of Enugu State. We therefore reiterate our unalloyed and unmitigated support to the selfless leadership of Rt. Hon. Dr. Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi.
- The meeting noted that the premise on which the struggle for Enugu State was canvassed and achieved was to attain equity, sense of belongingness and social justice. For this reason, the meeting reiterated the Enugu East Senatorial zone’s commitment to the doctrine of rotation among the three senatorial zones which started with Enugu East Senatorial zone in 1999. Therefore, the sequence of rotation should be maintained given the associated benefits of peaceful transition, political inclusiveness, and brotherly relationship existing in the State. In the light of this, the political elites of Enugu State should cooperate with His Excellency, Rt. Hon. Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi on his expressed commitment to the doctrine of rotation.
- That the stakeholders of Enugu East Senatorial District hereby unequivocally and unmistakably declare that the Governorship position of all the political parties in the State should be zoned to Enugu East Senatorial District in the 2023 general elections.
- That the stakeholders of Enugu East Senatorial District therefore resolved to assiduously work with the spirit of unison, inimitable commitment and concerted efforts until the mission is accomplished.
- The Meeting noted the cooperation extended to the Speaker of the Enugu State House of Assembly, Rt. Hon. Edward Ubosi by His Excellencies, Sen. Ken Nnamani and Chimaroke Nnamani and thanked the speaker for his initiative and courage in convening the meeting.